A few weeks back I made this glitter clutch and I thought why not tell you guys how I made it! Unfortanetly I didn't take step by step photographs only because I was just wingin' it. But here is some rough step by step possibly confusing instructions on how I made this super cute clutch.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Three 21cm x 16cm pieces of PVC plastic
- One 21cm x 32cm piece of PVC plastic
- Glitter and assorted confetti of your choice
- Sewing machine and thread
- Bias binding
- 1 set of Velcro dots
- Cut 3 x pieces of plastic 21cm x 16cm and another 21cm x 32cm of plastic. (I used a PVC table cover)
- Take 2 of the smaller pieces of PVC and sew them together to make the first glitter pouch make sure you leave one edge open to fill it with glitter.
- Fill your first pouch with confetti and glitter then sew it up.
- Now grab your larger piece of PVC and the last small one and line it up like you did with the other pouch and repeat step 3. There will be a large piece of PVC hanging off this pouch to be made into a flap.
- Now that you have 2 pouches filled with glitter and a big flap its time to sew the 2 pouches together to make the inside of your clutch. Make sure you don't sew the top edge of the pouch as thats the opening of your clutch.
- Now grab the flap of PVC and fold it down to make another glitter pouch that makes the flap to keep your clutch closed.
- Sew around the edges of the flap leaving a side open to fill with glitter then sew it up.
- By now you have an alright looking clutch but it just needs one more touch to finish it off to hide all your wonky sewing. Grab some bias binding and sew around all the edges of your clutch to give it that finished look.
- Last step is to stick on a velcro dot on the inside of the flap to secure it and keep all your belongings safe!
I hope this wasn't too confusing but I'm sure you'll figure it out! Happy clutch making boys n gals